Tuesday.......Trying to get a haircut

Quito Travel Blog

House on left, and Mariana

Lessons 8:30 till 10:45, then Mariana accompanies me to a hairdresser.  It takes at least half an hour up the steep hill, only to find that the hairdresser has closed.  The idea was that Mariana would translate on such a sensitive discussion as tints and streaks/foils.  So it looks like I’ll have to go somewhere rather classier and more expensive, where the staff will have a better idea of what I want.

During the morning Mariana tells me that another student was able to connect to someone else’s wifi, so I try but the only non-secure wifi is weak. We take the puter with us on our walk, but the connection stays at the same strength, which is most unusual, usually it would get stronger or weaker.  The only thought is that the signal is coming from over the hill and therefore remains constant.

Walking to the hairdresser
  It is weaker downstairs and in my room, which is on the other side of the house from the hill.  The English Institute, which Mariana runs, has internet, but it hasn’t been working the last couple of days.

Back home for lunch around 1; I think Fran and Mariana share the cooking as he’s retired and she works in the morning with me and in the afternoon she teaches in Quito.

I am really tired and decide to have a nice restful afternoon and even have a sleep.  Around 6 I reappear downstairs and type up my blog, download photos from my camera.  I’m hoping to link up with a wifi tomorrow.  After dinner I sort out all the papers that have accumulated in my suitcase.  I would really like to ship some of my stuff back to Oz if I can, to lighten my case.

Jean Pierre