Thursday...........FRiDAY'S again

Quito Travel Blog

Upstairs living area; I have lessons at the dark green table setting in the background

Lessons this morning but with a few interruptions as Jean Pierre had complained of a very sore arm last night and it turned out that he had broken his arm yesterday.  After lunch I went back to FRiDAY’S to use the wifi.  Two glasses of wine and a large chocolate icecream/cake dessert cost just over USD11.  Hayley and Maria Jose came about 5:45 and we went to the supermarket to buy chicken and veggies as Hayley’s doing a roast tomorrow night, her last night.  Her bill for a roast dinner for five came to around USD11; the chicken was USD3 something.  She’s off to the jungle Saturday night.  I bought some Ferrero Rocher chocs and honey roasted cashews and peanuts, which we can have after dinner.

We caught a taxi back to the house, USD4.  Hayley got out on the way, to use an internet café.  I’ve decided that I must get Messenger Chat or Skype when/before I get back to Oz, to save on phone calls.  Hayley uses Skype to talk to her mother and it’s ridiculously cheap.

When Maria Jose and I got back to the house, Mariana was using the internet; it’s working again, but very slow as it’s only dial-up.  Had dinner and then did my homework.  Mariana is a very good teacher, but there is soooo much to learn.

After Hayley came back we sat and talked for a while.  The family lives downstairs while we have our own little area on the first floor, with our bedrooms and a seating area.

Upstairs living area; I have lesso…
Upstairs living area; I have less…
photo by: Bluetraveler