Pretty boring

Sucre Travel Blog

Well, it’s getting a little boring here.  I had breakfast in bed again and L came from 9 to 12.  They can’t go and get the splint for my knee as all the shops are closed and there are barricades because of the demonstration, and I’m not supposed to leave my room because of my knee, until I get the splint.  I guess the thought of a broken kneecap forces me to stay in bed most of the time.

There was consternation this morning as the Asst Mgr didn’t know how they were going to provide lunch for anybody (including me) as the markets and shops were closed.  She was most apologetic that they could only give me toasted ham sandwiches and then I had twice as many as I needed.  I much prefer a light lunch but I couldn’t convince her that I was very happy with a sandwich.

Don’t know what happened re the demonstration as no-one has come to give me an update, but on the local news I see that the General Director for the Chilean Carabineros (police) died today in a helicopter accident in Panama.

8:30 pm.  The lovely girl on reception has rung around to find a restaurant that is open and organized a taxi to pick up a meal and deliver it here.  This huge extravagance cost 15BOB, AUD2.16.

Can recommend Hotel Premier very highly.  The staff have been absolutely fantastic looking after me.

No photos today; decided against taking one of my underwear drying in the bathroom.  At least the wifi is up and working.
pepernoten says: