Perth to Sydney to Auckland

Sydney Travel Blog

Saturday 10 May.  Left Perth about 15 minutes late 12:30 am.  When I got on the flight attendant said 11A  upstairs, front row, next to the swimming pool.    Good to see that Qantas staff seem to have a better sense of humour these days.  Great seat, but I never did find the swimming pool.  Sat next to the surly businessman that one finds on planes from time to time, so decided that I would shut up and say nothing.  Was tempted to say how much I'd enjoyed his company when we landed at Sydney, but thought better of it.

John N  yes it's a 747.

Didn't sleep on the plane so very weary.  Wandered through customs and security no hurry as I had around three hours to fill in.  Many people getting caught with bottles of whatever  more than 150 mls.  There's definitely a window of opportunity selling small plastic bottles at international airports.

Am typing this in the Qantas Club at the international terminal and thought that I'd have a go at using wireless but when I finally sorted it out Optus wanted $14 for an hour or part thereof and I decided I wasn't that interested.  Anyway the main purpose was to stay awake until the plane leaves and fiddling around with the puter has achieved that purpose.  I don't think these paragraphs were worth $14.

Just remembered to turn on my phone and noticed Judy has rung me.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to send this tonight from Chile so that you will know that I've arrived safely at Jose's.  Decided to change my oz money that I had to Chilean pesos as I have to pay 13,000 pesos to the guy who picks me up at the airport.  Got 40,000 pesos.

photo by: Sunflower300