Monday..........Madrid to Barcelona

Barcelona Travel Blog

Hotel room, Madrid

I had planned to go shopping this morning but even though I’ve had lots of sleeps and slept well at night, I’m still exhausted.  It’s all I can manage to check out at 12.  I sit in the lobby and go to sleep there too.  I think I have a bad case of jetlag and maybe a chest infection still too.

I get a nice taxi driver to the airport, cost around 30E, AUD52,same as on arrival from NY.  Fortunately I’ve allowed plenty of time for my flight as it takes ages to go through formalities and get to the boarding gate.  It is, of course, the very furthest gate.  The flight is late leaving.

We land in Barcelona and it’s cloudy!  I’m disappointed as Madrid had blue skies all day.  Hotel America, I booked online Web price, 92E pn, AUD157 plus taxes.  Unfortunately they don’t have wifi this week, they’re between contractors and it’s a holiday week in Barcelona.

Anyway I have a nice room with a view of the intersection, widescreen tv etc.  Go for a walk and then watch the US open.  I’m really tired and asleep by about 10.

Coming into Barcelona