Monday..........................Spanish lessons in Cusco and chickens' feet

Cusco Travel Blog

The house with the Condor - just tell taxi to take me to Condor in San Sebastian. The condor is in the middle of the road (not on top of house)and lit up at night.

My grammar teacher, Fanny, arrives and I have a lesson from 9 until 12 at the house.  Then A, M and I have lunch and sit outside in the sun for a while.  After this I have a three hour practical lesson with Nele.  We go to San Pedro market and then to the supermarket and to an atm.  Then we go looking for a restaurant that has wifi.  Around 5:30 Nele leaves and I go to the restaurant that has wifi.  The restaurant has just opened and the waitress says that it takes a while for the wifi to warm up.   I’ve nearly finished my meal and still no wifi.  I don’t think that the girl knows much about puters.  She comes back and says that there’s no wifi/internet in Cusco and they don’t know when it will be working again.  I find this very strange and leave, going past an internet café that is obviously working.

My room is window in centre
  I go back to The Real McCoy’s.  Go to connect but my puter won’t connect.  Check the connection and find that I had the wifi turned off the whole time!  Someone has told me that Peruvians make up answers when they don’t know about something; guess that’s an example.

I work on the blogs, but there’s smoking again, so I go back to the house.  M and M are there, in hysterics over the soup.  Each plate has a chicken’s foot in it.  The food is so different from what we are used to.  Each of us is given a basket containing an apple, orange and banana.  They may have heard us saying that we need fruit.  Fortunately I have already eaten, so say, no thanks, when asked if I’d like some soup, but take the fruit.  We have an early night, around 10ish.

The house with the Condor - just t…
The house with the Condor - just …
San Pedro market