Friday.............to Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

Drama in the streets

When I wake up I expect to be feeling 100% but I’m still very ordinary so don’t check out of the hotel until 12:30, spending most of the morning in bed.  Go for a last look at the shops but don’t buy anything.

The biggest excitement of the morning is a young woman who has crashed into the back of a US van of some sort that is very important.  No doubt someone reading this blog will identify the van and understand the serious nature more than me, but the accident caused the arrival of several police officers and cars and the woman is obviously distraught.  She picked the wrong car to run into.

Buy some fruit salad at Starbucks, but when I get back to the hotel to eat it, it’s a day over the use by date and is “fizzy”.  Just my luck.

There’s lots of things I didn’t get around to doing while I was here, but that gives me an excuse to return.

Driving to the airport
  At least my knee is 100% again and I can walk without any problems.

The cab called for 3:15 pm doesn’t arrive.  Apparently it broke down and they send a limo instead, USD55.  I get to the airport after 4:30 for a 6 pm flight, only to find that the flight is delayed.

I’m flying Iberia to Madrid and fortunately that gets me into the British Airways First Class Lounge.  Thank goodness, I can settle back in a comfortable chair, food, drinks (I must be sick, no wine for me!) etc.  However it doesn’t beat the Singapore lounge in Singapore.  I even have a couple of naps.  The flight finally leaves around 9 pm.  Iberian has Business Plus which is quite good but I hardly eat anything as I ate in the Lounge and I sleep quite a bit.  The flight attendants seem accommodating.
mcguinnessjudith says:
Dear Eril,
We are glad you were onn Iberia not Spanair!
Judy