SoCal Style

Redlands Travel Blog

the cutest couple in cali
After the not-so-fun effort of condensing my sprawling belongings into two bags and finally getting to breathe on the drive to the Albuquerque airport, I said my tearful goodbye to Alisa. She survived yet another show with a tag-along sibling and I'd like to think we were both a little better for it.

But as life closes the door on one sibling, it's opens up a plane to another. So I took that plane to southern California, where my brother Aaron lives in the town of Redlands with his girlfriend Sara and their 3 kids (aka 2 pitbulls and a kitty they rescued from the salvation army). As the theme seems to go, the visit was too short, but I couldn't imagine leaving without at least getting to say goodbye in person.

Our plans for the visit mostly revolved around food. Anyone that knows me knows I'm perfectly okay with that. We went out to dinner, brunch, ran errands and did laundry. After the work in Santa Fe, my body and mind more than welcomed the chance to relax. Plus, anything is exciting and special when doing it with family I only see a couple times a year.

My stay ended with yet another tearful goodbye. What can I family has this effect on me. And once again, it's off to another visit that will be too short. Everything changed the more the movie pushed. But it is what it is, and I couldn't imagine taking off without this last pit stop as well.

Big Apple, here I come.