It's a Long Way to Santa Fe

Dallas Travel Blog

The old three.
I keep saying my trip begins in June, when in reality it began the day I packed my car and left home sweet home Seattle. I was amazingly still sane after 3 days and 2,000 miles alone in the car. I'm not saying I didn't talk to myself every once in awhile. That's a given. But I actually enjoyed my solo trek through Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. I ventured off the path to see the Badlands, Wall Drug (a small town drug store with more highway signs than products on the shelf) and tried to race the sunset to get to Devil's Tower in the daylight...I lost. Let's put it this way, Devil's Tower: kinda creepy anyway. Devil's Tower in the pitch black night with animals rustling in the weeds: I was fairly convinced a cult could be engaging in a demonic ritual at the base of the tower and in search of a sacrifice.
Martin cousins
But alas, I made it to Iowa. Home of my parents, breaded pork tenderloins and the world's largest truck stop. All of which I enjoyed.

I'm now sitting in a hotel room in Dallas, Texas after driving all night with my parents. We came for my cousin Mark's wedding. It was a great way to see most of the Martin family, especially the long-lost Texans. The wedding was beautiful, and I'm hoping no one will notice when I steal all of Mark and Sang's ideas for my own. At the rate I'm going, there will be plenty of time to forget.

Dad and I will head on by car to Houston and beyond to Santa Fe, where I'll once again join the whole working world I so gladly left behind. I'll spend the rest of April and May in Santa Fe as the official set peon for the movie "Legion" (http://imdb.com/title/tt1038686/). I should probably feel a little guilty that Alisa has put in 6+ years to get to the point of working on a film as big as this, and I get to slide in on a whim. Ahh, behold the beauty of nepotism.
fredrix77 says:
You should feel guilty. And grateful. Very very guilty and grateful. If you forget, I'll remind you daily while you're with me. ;)
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008
mickeyd302 says:
I know the feeling of talking to myself while being on a long distance journey, but as my father always said, "It is ok to talk to yourself as long as you do not answer yourself."
Posted on: Apr 05, 2008