My Israelian "gift from god"

Berlin Travel Blog

yonatan!
Okay, seriously. This is almost TOO easy. I didn't even have to leave my room this morning to meet my new companion for the day.

Sometime during the night, Yonatan snuck into the room and took the empty bed next to mine. Since everyone else in the room (none of which I ever saw in daylight) left at ungodly hours of the morning, Yonatan and I were the only ones left at the decent hour of 11, when I finally decided to roll out of bed. (Please don't convert your jealousy to hatred. I had a hard night of blues music.)

Yonatan is an Israeli soldier with a great voice. (The soldier part is factual. The voice part is just my own inserted opinion.) He took a 2-week leave to hit up a concert in France and travel, just because, to Berlin. In our day of roaming, I discovered he's a funny, guitar/harmonica/piano-playing musician, who wants nothing more than to be done with his three years of required army service and freely choose where and how he spends his time. For the moment though, he was just enjoying Berlin.

We continued the trend of doing nothing in particular while drifting through the German streets. (It's my favorite thing to do in a new place, actually.) I showed him the art galleries of Tacheles and we went on to Alexanderplatz and the west side from there. All in all, another good day with a new friend. The day ended early, however, because I had to catch a train. My hostel days are over for the moment. I'm moving on to new territory. I'm off to surf a couch.
Berlin