Frankfurt Airport: a must-see in all the guidebooks

Berlin Travel Blog

My first day in Europe doesn't really count. We landed in Frankfurt before I had time to sleep. I can't say that I've ever had a flight go too fast before, but it was unfortunate in this case. I read, wrote, ate, watched a movie and before I knew it they were serving us breakfast and talking about landing procedures. Of course it was in this 20 minute period that my eyes started to droop and my head to bob. This zombie state stayed with me for the remainder of the day until I found the most wonderful piece of furniture an airport could ever invest in: SEATS THAT RECLINE! I shamelessly snoozed away the hours and my sleep-deprivation until it was time to go.

9 hours later, I flew to Berlin. After spending the whole day roaming the airport halls, I felt my departure was sentimentally similar to Tom Hanks stepping out of his Terminal. The airport employees all cried as they waved their goodbyes to my now familiar face. ...or something like that.

After landing in Berlin, hopping on a bus with a not-so friendly driver, catching a train (while crossing my fingers that it went somewhere close to what I needed) and walking a few blocks, I finally found the hotel on the street that no Berliners (apparently) knew existed. More importantly...I also found my parents waiting patiently inside.

Spending a day with them will be a great way to start the trip. Who better to see me off on my travels than the people who gave me my wings? (Insert heartfelt "ahhhhh" here. :)
marksreynolds says: