Brazilian Briefing

Tallinn Travel Blog

the brazilian/american party
We must have been good in a past life, because on the third night, Bre and I shared our hostel room with 6 Brazilian lawyers. And if you've never had the pleasure of sleeping one bunk away from a Brazilian of your own, you should know tighty-whities (or any preferred color of brief, really) are their pajama of choice. What are two little American girls to do, but make friends and go along for the Brazilian ride.

I don't know any portuguese aside from 'thank you' and discovered years ago--thanks to our Portuguese exchange student--that I'm eons away from being able to pronounce it. But I've decided whole-heartedly that at this moment, Brazilian portuguese is my favorite foreign language to not understand. But given the right amount of inflection and gestures, translation is almost unnecessary.
"Inna, we love you!"
I have enough guy friends to get the gist of the conversations. In the morning: all dialogue is solely shit-doling to whoever acted the biggest, drunkest fool the night before. Sitting on a patio, eating dinner: it's 100% about the women walking by and what body party looks nice as she walks away. And at night at the bar: it's shaming the other guys into drinking more and instigating new plans to become the one that gets all the shit the next morning.

Or something of the sort.

We started the night on a side street patio. The boys serenaded us, the waitresses and the entire neighborhood with Brazilian folk songs about true love and men with one ball. I, fortunately, was smart enough to get video footage. And once I figure out how to upload it, the rest of the world will be able to enjoy it as well. The small earthquake that seemingly shocked the streets of Tallinn is actually just my inability to control my laughter or keep the camera still when doing so. I'll invest in a tripod the next time around.

The party went back to our hostel room (where, to our surprise, Jesus was showering in our bathroom. SEE PIC) and then out to the only bar we could find open on a Sunday night for a few more drinks and a couple dances. The night, naturally, finished back in the hostel with bathroom wrestling and--you guessed it--little bitty briefs. God bless Brazil.
Inna, we love you!
"Inna, we love you!"
Jesus is in the bathroom!!
Jesus is in the bathroom!!
back in the room