Were Here!

Anaheim Travel Blog

It was amazing!

I didn't think we were going to be able to pull it off. With weeks of sneaking around and trying to put everything together it was really difficult to surprise the kids with this.

*** First off I want to thank everyone who helped us. Judy & Bill for helping us get the flight booked. Marlies & Willy (Omi & Opi) for letting us use your Air miles to book the Hotel. If it were not for you guys we could not have done this on such short notice. Maybe not done it all. We are truly grateful. ***

It was all coming together. It was the night before we were suppose to leave and we had everything pretty much ready to go but then the emotions of what was happening started to come into the picture.

Haley was upset that her dad was not going to be around for her birthday. Very upset but she was putting on a brave face, most of the time. Logan however was not so brave in the face of my impending trip. He was really going to miss me and was not hiding anything. All these raw emotions made it very difficult to keep our little secret. We considered telling them so they would not be so upset but we figured we have come this far we need to stay strong and see it through to the end.

I am so glad we did because the surprise was even better than I ever could have imagined it would be. The kids were both in shock. At first they thought it was a ploy to get them to smile for the camera but slowly it kicked in and they understood what the we were telling them. When they finally understood that all their clothes were packed and that in fact it was not just "daddy" going to Disneyland but the whole family, they were in shock. Haley's eyes welled up with tears and Logan started jumping around screaming. It was amazing. I cannot believe we were able to pull it off but all the lies, deception and sneaking around was worth it to see the look on their faces when their finally realized "Were Going to Disneyland"

3 km (2 miles) traveled