My first ever meet up and my sweat is sweating

Bangkok Travel Blog

I was trying to do this posts as I traveled but that plan fell apart a few days into the trip.  Also learned that Benny should not play with my camera as she somehow erased many of Bangkok photos before I could download them.  Oh well I know I will be there lots of times so I will just have to retake them on my next trip.

I thought I knew hot weather before but this is remarkable.  I did not know just thinking could cause sweat to roll down my face and burn my eyes.  As much as I like Thailand it will take me a long time to get use to the weather.

Had great time last night.  Benny and I wandered around a shopping center in the day and then we headed to our first ever meet up.  I thought the meeting was for a Starbucks at Siam Square but I was very wrong.  We spent 30 minutes running between the two Siam Square Starbucks before I double checked my email and saw it was in Siam Paragon a short walk away.  Good thing the group was still there.

You find a few great write ups of the Bangkok meet up at a couple of other members blogs.  Check out these blogs for a great reviews and photos.

My short version of the night was we had Thai food in a upscale Bangkok shopping center and I ate any food that was not spicy.  The rest of the people there chose food that would have roasted all my taste buds off my tongue if I had let the food anywhere near my mouth.  During the meal it became quite noticeable who liked to take photos and which of us had forgot their cameras completely (me included).

After dinner we all crammed into a minibus and headed to the backpack area of Bangkok, Khao San Road for drinks. After the ladies did their best at getting us all lost in Khao San we ended up walking down a narrow alley and found a bar called Hippie Bar.  I do not think I could ever find this place again but it was really nice, informal but a lot of fun.  After a few drinks the funny really began including some interesting photos with a camera tripod and our Italian friend Alessandro.  Somehow we survived the night and all ended up getting  home or to our hotel safe.

newtampo says:
You know where starbucks are at siam area more than me :) Glad to meet you and Benny that night. Was fun!
Posted on: May 12, 2008