Flight to San Diego

Manchester Travel Blog

So I left Port at 3pm, got to Manchvegas NH, checked in, had plenty of time to relax, and my flight to BWI in Baltimore was a breeze. I met a really nice couple in their 30's who were going down to visit family and see a Yanks/O's game. When I told the wife I didn't watch reality television, she told her husband if anything ever happened to her, he should look me up. That was a little weird. I got some delicious Quizno's at BWI and got onto my next flight to SoCal.

The flight wasn't crowded at all, so I shared an exit row with the nicest man. He's a veterinary opthamologist from Providence, RI, who was flying to SD to ... ride his bike across the country. I kid you not. He's turning 50 and decided to join ~60 other riders for the 3,000+ mile journey, which should take 29 days. He'll average 125ish miles a day I think, which is just crazy. A lot of the riders are doing it to raise charity money, which is really nice, but still really nutso. Basically, talking with him for as long as I did taught me not to complain when my trip back to the east coast feels like it's taking all day, [which it will ;)] because his trip back is 29 days long! hahah!

Kyle and Tiff picked me up at the airport, and Kman ran at me with a big hug. [He immediately told me he though of yelling "hot poon" but thought against it when he saw a bunch of kids.] I got a quick "San Diego by night" tour, we had some IN-N-OUT burger and then finally made it to the apartment.

Sleep, it's a very beautiful thing...
photo by: esterrene