Bar craw in Uptown Charlotte

Charlotte Travel Blog

Ri Ra, Irish Pub

Last night was my last night in Charlotte, NC at least until business brings me back thru here next month. I've been here with work for the last 5 weeks and saving money by crashing on a friends foldout sofa. To show my appreciation I took her out to dinner and drinks.  We started by having dinner at Ri Ra's.  It's a Irish restaurant/ Pub that has a great Irish Lamb Stew.

After a few pints we moved on to a pub named Connolly's. On the 2nd floor was a guy with a guitar that was really jamming out some good music. North Carolina still allows smoking in bars so after we had a couple of cold beers and listened to some good tunes it was time to move on to a bigger bar.

Pub

The next stop was a country bar named Buckhead Saloon. Any bar that has a live band that can play "Sweet Home Alabama" and back it up with "Rocky Top" is my kind of place. A few more beers here.

By now I'm starting to get my sailors sway while walking down the sidewalk. On the next block we get carded at a club named Cosmos Cafe.  Once inside I noticed that (A)I was a little under dressed and (B) I was the only person drinking a beer and not a martini.  The music was from the 80's and they played the videos on all of the tv's. The club went crazy when SuperFreak by Rick James started playing.

The last stop of the night was at Dixies Tavern. This is a cool bar that I have spent many nights in. This morning I heard my friend up and going to work at 5am. I got to sleep in!

PhinsAndGills says:
Charlotte is SUCH a fun city!
Posted on: May 27, 2008