AsiaChinaMiyun

Miyun Week 12

Miyun Travel Blog

I woke on the Sunday with a stinking hangover....surprise surprise...but unfortunately for me I had to pull myself together as I needed to get into to Beijing to get passport photos for my Thai visa.  That clearly meant I had to slap on an exceptionally large amount of make-up to look half decent for the camera!

Fortunately, the experience wasn’t too bad once I’d had a good fill of coffee and coca cola...

The week at school wasn’t anything special, although one student asked me if I would teach her some dance moves for a routine she was making up with her friends.  I was a bit surprised by the request because I hadn’t told anyone I’d had dance training.  I guess I’d laid myself open to it when I’d told the students my favourite hobby was dancing at the weekends with friends.  I was obviously referring to the wiggling I do in bars on a Saturday night after a couple of G&Ts, which certainly doesn’t make me Britney Spears.

I managed to get out of giving her a demonstration as I found some rather amusing animations of Ms Spears’ favourite moves on the internet.  This seemed to keep her happy for the time being, but knowing how persistent the Chinese can be, I was sure she’d hunt me down again to get some more ‘inspiration’!

Miyun