Not quite Auckland, Not quite Melbourne

Adelaide Travel Blog

I remember now, we pushed past Coober Pedy and stayed at a 'camp site' just outside a town called Port Augustus, because we wanted time in Adelaide, I remember now. Port Augustus was a bit of a hole as I remember. We did arrive at night, but the whole camping space just smelt like dead fish and sea water. There was a lot of sand and we couldn't really see where we were camped. Turns out we were quite close to water, which explained a bit.

We got to Adelaide in the afternoon, checked ourselves into Comfort Inn (I have a suspicion that Kevin only checked 2 people in, because of how relatively cheap it was for such a large room). But we more or less fell into the room and took turns to each have very long, thorough showers. How good it was to be clean! It was the best thing ever.

Matt and I walked down the main shopping street. It was trying a lot to be like Bourke Street in Melbourne, but I don't know if it quite pulled it off. Adelaide to me seemed like it was trying to be a lot of things. It's a port, and for that reason it reminded me of Auckland, but with not quite the same, quality feel. The shopping district, like I said, seemed to be trying to be like Melbourne. I don't know, it just seemed like a smaller version of Melbourne but with worse weather. It did have some nice parks.

We had a very nice sleep... in beds!!

Adelaide