Olmense Zoo

Olmen Travel Blog

My family and I have been to many many zoos all over the US and Europe.  This is one of our favorites.

The Olmense Zoo has a wide variety of animals.  In my opinion it has more animals then the big city zoos we’ve been to.  Plus it has a huge playground for the kids.  When you first arrive it looks like something run down or it doesn’t seem like there is a nice Zoo inside.  But once you go in you will be surprised at how big it is.  Like I said the best part is the animals.  Including the White tigers which are one of the highlights.  Bears, Pumas, Wolves, and much more are just some of the other highlights.   The only real complaint I have is the restaurant there.   Of course you really don’t go to a zoo and look forward to eating there.  Anyway, the food was ok.  The kids seemed to enjoy the playground the most.  It’s real big with lots of different things to do.  After the playground and all the animals, it took us a couple hours, oh and dogging the rain, we caught the Bird show.  This was ok for the adults but it’ more for the kids.  My boys loved it; they were laughing and getting into the show.  After awhile I started getting bored but the kids wanted more when it was over.    Here is the website for it.  Sorry it’s only in French and Dutch.

Olmen