Brugge again

Brugge Travel Blog

Like I said in the introduction, this blog is for the 4 or 5 times I have been to Brugge.   Each time was with different people because it seems whenever we have visitors we go to Brugge, Oostende, and Mons.   Anyway, each time I’ve been there I’ve taken the people with me on the most popular walking route.  We park in the underground Parking garage at the Centrum Zand and the walking tour starts on Zuidzandstr. Where we can see all the shops, there are many shops along that street.  Then we come upon St. Salvators Cathedral.   The tour really starts at the Market Square.   IN the Square is the Belfry, Provincial Palace and the Statue of Breydel/Coninck.  The Market Square is also the place where you can take the tour of the city by vans or horse drawn carriages.

After the market we go to the Burg, where the City Hall and Basilica are.  Take Bind EzelStr (Blind Donkey Street) to the first view of the canals.  Follow the canals along the Rozenhoedkaai and Dijver all the way to the Church of our Lady.  Here is where you can take the cannel boat rides.  It’s a nice way to see a lot of the city by boat.  I’ve done the boat tours twice now.  The walk from the Rozenhoedkaai to the Church is really nice, many photo opportunities.  Inside the Church of Our Lady is Madonna by Michelangelo.   Usually we keep following the canal and see all the Chocolate and Lace stores.  The entire City is full of Chocolate, Lace and souvenir stores.  Speaking of Chocolate, the last time we went to the Chocolate museum.  Very interesting museum it is.  There are sculptures made out of Chocolate and a live presentation on how they make chocolate, including free samples.  A must for any chocolate lover.

photo by: Chokk