Bastogne Memorial Walk

Bastogne Travel Blog

The 5 am picture of my 7 year old.
Like i said in the front page,  this is the second time I went to the Bastogne memorial walk.  Every year they have a march to commemorate the WW 2 battle that happened in and around the City of Bastogne, most of us know it as the Battle of the Bulge.  The last German offensive in the Great War.  The battle of the bulge wasn’t just confined to Bastogne no but the walks only go around the battlefields around Bastogne.  The first year I went is 2006 I choose to take the 10 Kilometer walk.  This time I had my boys (ages 5 and 7) with me so we only took the 6 kilometer walk.   It was very very cold this year but worth it in my opinion.  A group of us went so we met at 5am, yes that is early, and got there an hour before the walk even started.   Oh well, live and learn.   Like I said, it was cold; when we arrived at about 0700 my car said -4C.  It wasn’t so bad in the town but once we hit those open fields and the wind was pushing against my face, wow.  That gave it more of a real feeling though, what the solders had to go through.
The 5 am picture of my 7 year old.
The 5 am picture of my 5 year old.
The 5 am picture of my 5 year old.
The 5 am picture of me.