~Hanging at the beach~

Humacao Travel Blog

Reflection of the sun on the watery sand

The following morning we woke up and decided that we wanted to relax and hang out by the beach. Well, my mom, Gabby and I decided that is. We had two rooms because there were so many of us. We told Yvette and Eduardo, we call him by his nickname Lalo, about the plan was to go to the beach. They said that they would meet us later.  We did take Nathan and Yesy with us because we knew my sister would take forever! Lalo’s little sister Daisy didn’t want to come with us. She doesn’t know us that well so she wanted to stick with her brother.  Walking down towards the beach was just lovely! The sun was shining and it was the perfect type of hot! We did see a lot of iguanas on the grass getting a tan, or whatever they do sitting there and facing the sun.

Captain Morgan moment
  Once at the beach we grabbed some beach chairs and lounge chairs and relaxed. The texture of the sand is very different. It's like fine sand and you are able to sink in to it quickly! Not the grains of sand that we have in Los Angeles.  The beach was deserted at that time. It was great! I felt like if we were the only ones on the island.  We had a really great time in the sun. This again made me think that the hurricane was not going to pass by because it was that great! But still waiting and not knowing what to expect from Hurricane Dean.  The beach waves were not that rough. Yvette, Gabby and I did have our Captain Morgan moment, but we didn’t have any of the Captain with us.  The view was beautiful! I loved everything about the beach! After being at the beach all of the morning and most of the afternoon, we went back to the pool.
the lake outside our hotel
  The rest of the day was us hanging out at the pool, like we did the first day. The couple from
Jersey arrived a few hours after we did. They had also gone to the beach and the girl told us that she got stung by a jellyfish. I was very grateful that none of the kids got stung. We were in that water for a long time before we left and went to the pool.  While at the pool we got some pool side delicious pizza and drinks!  Pina colada please! Extra rum for me! And we even had some company from the iguanas. The water was super warm! Even the baby was in there having a great time! I loved it! We all did!

We hadn’t gone anywhere else on the island because we wanted to stick close to the hotel since Dean was coming and we didn’t know what to expect. The hotel did have a casino, which I guess is convenient if you like to gamble and do not want to drive anywhere. I’m no gambler, but since that is what the other adults like to do, I stayed in the room and took care of the kids. And we had a pillow fight and had a good time doing what kids like to do while the rest were losing their money!

Reflection of the sun on the water…
Reflection of the sun on the wate…
bianka