Day 7: At Sea

Caribbean Travel Blog

Sea Day Activities.

When I woke up and looked out on the balcony I saw rain!  Oh no!  It's not supposed to rain on our vacation!  But, yet it was, so running

on the track this morning was out.  I figured the gym would be really crowded, but it wasn't.  Lots of people must be sleeping in today.

After breakfast we noticed the rain had stopped, so we changed into our swimsuits and got ready for a lazy sea day.  Except it is really

windy!  The pools have some serious waves going on, and it started to pour.  Back inside!  It wasn't raining on that wonderful aft balcony,

so I settled in there with my book to wait it out.  The kids made it up and got breakfast, and by the time they got back to change the

sun was out, so we made another attempt to sit by the pool.

Surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.
  We had to laugh at all the chair hogs that had saved seats, whose towels

and paperback books were wet messes.  Soon we were in exactly the same seats as before and the weather cleared up and was

sunny again.  They did the belly flop contest today.  Always fun to watch.  The crew vs. passenger dodgeball was today too.  The crew,

including Captain Hottie, I mean Captain Tommy, schooled every single passenger team that volunteered.  They get a lot of practice though!

Tonight was the second formal night and preparations went much better in the cabin.  We also had a couple more pictures taken before

dinner.  Tonight we had tickets to the ice show.  Totally amazing how the skaters can perform on that small surface so well and while

on a moving ship.  Totally amazing that the whole family went together to a show too!  After making another donation to the casino I

was ready for bed.  Everyone else decided to stay out a little later so they left me to sleep.  St. Martin/St. Maarten is tomorrow and we

are excited to return for another visit.

Ice Show.