Day 4: Somewhere.....Upon the Sea.....

Caribbean Travel Blog

Pool Deck

We passed along the north coast of Puerto Rico and have turned south during the night.  I awoke early for the sunrise and a run up

on Deck 12.  Lots of other runners out and about.  It's going to be another beautiful day.  2 miles is more than enough exercise,

so I headed to the cabin to get everyone up for breakfast in the Windjammer.  Afterwards, it was time to find chairs and park

it for as many hours as we could stand it.  We found a perfect little spot in front of the Sky Bar, (easy drink access) and up on Deck

12 so we could overlook the pool deck.  AHHHHHHH!  A book, sun, a slight breeze, a cold drink and my hubby.  It doesn't get much

better than this!  And that was pretty much what we did until it was time to get ready for the official Cruise Critic party at 4pm.

Sunrise at sea from our balcony.

We had our own gift exchange(I got a water bottle from Princeton University) and RCI did a raffle of ship related gifts, which Rob

happened to win.  Not the aqua mouse though, darn!  Maybe next time!  All too soon it was time for dinner, and since it was formal

night everyone left to get prepared and for picture taking.  Back in the cabin, getting ready became a bit of a challenge.  Andy needed

help with his tux tie, I needed to be trussed up into the beaded dress, Alex needed more time for her hair, Rob had to have his bow

tie tied.  Not a whole lot of privacy, but we managed to get ourselves together and down to dinner.   We posed for some nice

shots in our finery after dinner, since we are so high-maintenence and couldn't do it before.  The kids threw off their formal wear

in 2 seconds and were back out the door to meet up with their new friends in Optix, the teen hangout.  Rob and I strolled around,

donated to the casino, and then headed to the cabin.  We felt the effects of the sun at last.  Tomorrow we need an early start, we'll

be back to our favorite island...ARUBA!

Sunrise at sea from our balcony.
Everyones crazy about a sharp dre…
Everyone's crazy about a sharp dr…
We like to dress up!