Day 84, Famous Places and Famous Faces....

Hollywood Travel Blog

This morning i woke up two minutes before my alarm and turned it off so that i owuldnt disturb other people.....i then fell aslepp for an hour and a half and so had to have all you can eat pancake breakfast and get ready in just ten minutes for the free shuttle to Venice Beach. I didnt sleep that great either as the annoying drunk guy turned out to be one hell of a snorer as well!

Never mind.....Mikay and I left White at the hostel as he had got a painting job around the place for three hours in order to get a free nights accommodation. Once at Venice beach we walked along taking in all the sights and posing for pictures on the Lifegurad stations on the beach. We walked all the way down past Muscle beach to Santa Monica, going past some interesting people on the way, including one very excited guy collecting donations for AIDS in Africa.

We then decided to catch the bus to Rodeo Drive. Wow it was an expensive place.... We didnt feel like we could go into any of the shops as the staff were so intimidating on the door and looking as if we didnt belong. Anyway we walked all the way along and were sure we saw some famous people. I swear i saw Robert De Niro driving an X5 smoking a cigar, and ther were so many big cars parked on Rodeo Drive with blacked out windows with people chatting to someone in the back who wouldnt get out....they had people doing their shopping for them, they must have been famous! Also i forgot to mention that yesterday i saw a Range coming onto Hollywood Bl and was sure it was Eva Longoria....Mikay said the same thing on her own without me saying a word and later we found out that the car came from the direction her house is nearby!

At the top of Rodeo Drive MIkay and i bought some great ice cream cone cup things, sat at ate them in hte sun and then headed back down Beverlley Drive, where i bought some North Face gloves. Mikay was sure she saw somebody famous in a glasses shop, but it turned out to be the shop assistant....and he was working at the time!! Duh!

We then caught a couple of buses to get back to Hollywood where we walked along, saw some sights and went back to the hostel. White had left us a note saying he had gone back up Runyon Canyon to watch the sunset again. I went out for a walk along Sunset Bl while Mikay slept.

When White got back he made himself an apple pie and MIkay and i walked to the supermarker to buy dinner and then along the boulevard to get souvenirs. There was another premiere on and we got to walk across the red carpet! Woo hoo! On the way back we ended up writing out names in chalk on empty stars on the walk of fame!

photo by: X_Drive