Day 56, I Dont Like Cricket.....I Love it

Melbourne Travel Blog

This morning was a little embarassing when i woke up after only about 2 hours sleep and still really quite drunk. Cleaning up had to be done after only my first night with these people, although i wasnt sick! I never am. Never mind, happens to the best of us....was a great night!

Anyway, we headed to the MCG on the train and there were so many people! The MCG is absolutely huge and the weather was great. Whitey and i had our tops off sunbathing with our Aussie headbands on while Mick had my cork hat on. The barmy army were all over the other side but there were English everywhere and we could hear them so joined in with the songs like...'Everywhere we go....People wana know!' We then randomly saw Dan and his dad...we hadn't arranged to but his seats were right by ours. OUr seats had a great view pitch level it was fantastic. We got to see some wickets as well. Early on Hussey was bowled and Clarke was caught behind so the score was 5-84. The score later that day was 5-350. Symmons and Hayden put on a massive partnership and Symmons got 150 not out, his first test century. Later in the day 3 more wickets dropped so we got some more excitment and also got to see Warney bat! Hopefully now we will get to see Ware bowl tomorrow because the last few wickets should fall quickly. The day finished overcast and we left with the 80,000 other people on the way to the train. Outside the ground Whitey stopped and said 'Hey isnt that that player who played for England? I cant remeber his name.' I was like 'well lets foollow him anyway he's getting away....we'll think if his name later!!' Anyway that player turned out to be Michael Atherton walking down the street on his own so i asked him for a picture. He ignored me at first and then was rude and said 'If you're quick!" He made me feel really rude and i understand he didnt want everybody stopping him for a picture but then again if he doesnt want to be bothered then as a former England cricket captain he shouldnt be walking out of the MCG straight after stumps of the Boxing Day Ashes test! IF YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE PICTURES THEN WAIT HALF AN HOUR UNTIL THE 80,000 FANS HAVE GONE! Ah well, i got my picture and we caught the train back feeling very tired.

Back at the house Mick made us some chicken and then i just relaxed because i was so tired!

simonas says:
Hi Guys. Al least you saw some wickets pity we let them off the hook again at 85-5, as we were in the game at that time. Atherton was always a Manchester Grammar school snob and tends not to do supporters photo favours. Not his thing !! You were lucky... Lets hope day 3 is a little more like a test match with England hitting Warne all over Melbourne CG.I can but dream !! Dad xx
Posted on: Dec 27, 2006