Day 46, Secret Santa Aussie Style

Melbourne Travel Blog

(i have added quite a lot more to yesterdays blog in case you havent read the end....you need to read that first!)

Next morning i was a little worried but MIchael had calmed down quite a bit and was actually quite nice. He was still very angry at Amanda though and i did have to pretend that i was the one who hosted Nick when he came to England....Oops. When he found this out he was friendly and told me to thank my parents and tell him if i had a spare day so he could take me to a wildlife park!

Amanda picked me up and took me home where i had a showed before going out for a family meal. Amanda's family from quite fr away had come for present giving and so we went for food at a very nice restaurant and i had the best fish and chips ever. After the meal we all went back to one of Amanda's relatives houses for the Secret Santa. The presents were.....interesting. Amanda got a bright pink bag and Lana, Amanda's sister, got some sea shell mecklace which she didnt even pretend to like...she refused to put it on!

Whilst her hilarious family were getting drunk, i ended up playing drive way cricket with Amanda's 8 year old cousin, Ricky. It was very very hot but a lot of fun!

We eventually met back up with the others at Erins house. Her and MIchaela had been at a local cricket match that Tim was playing in, and Andy and Loz were doing a simliar thing to me, but by the beach....they were very burnt. Whitey still hasnt done anything about my camera, its getting to me a little bit now not knowing what to do.

We all stayed at Erins for a barbecue with her family and Loz's. ALl the mums and dads are such nice people and i ended up having a few drinks and jokes with the dads whilst we watched the ashes. I think we are going to lose the whole thing tomorrow.

Erin has a dog. This dog got very excited when i walked outside and is very big and so jumped up on me, bite me and scratched me. It didnt hurt or draw blood, BUT it did leave a huge rip in my black Armani t shirt. I was gutted, especially as weirdly, just about half an hour before i had been thinking about how that was the best item of clothing mum has ever bought me!! Never mind. I certainly have calmed down over a lot of things on this trip....Normally that would have really got to me and made me angry but i just thought..'it was an accident and nothing can be done'

Amanda's mum then picked the two of us up and we went home and watched 28 days whilst the others watched The Notebook at Lorens.

simonas says:
Mike
You need to call me about your camera. Can it be repaired, if not as long as it has been inspected by a dealer, I can then tell insurers it cannot be repaired. They then may arrange for dealer to provide one under the insurance.

We also need to discuss getting Margarets ashes tickets to Paul my workmate. I have left his address and contact tel no; for you to call him and meet up when you return to Melbourne. Who knows may even buy you a few tubes !!

Call me tonite to discuss mate

Dad