Day 31

Sydney Travel Blog

Today we had a bit more of a lie in and then woke about 11. After making breakfast and waking up properly Margeret took us to Featherdale Wildlife Park, which has the biggest collection of Australian animals in the world. It was great because we got out first sight of some real Aussie animals like wombats, koalas and Kangaroos, The kangaroos were just jumping around our feet and we stroked them and fed them and the Koalas were in open areas but up in their trees, mostly asleep. Some were awake though and jumping and climbing in trees! One was out with a ranger so we could get a picture up close. A bird 'pooed' on Michaela's head. At the end before Margaret picked us we bought some Aussie souvenirs and presents. On the way home we were taken through the Olympic Park which is really impressive and literally walking distance from the house. Tomorrow morning we are going to swim in the Olympic pool, the fastest in the world, which also has fun centre, and have a proper look round the area. Back at home i had my first proper shower/bath for a couple of weeks as i took my plaster off my hand. The cut is still quite sore, and there seems to be one stitch left but its feeling better, and improving with every movement. We had dinner and relaxed and then i have tried to put pictures on the internet, but these Macs only allow me to upload 6 at a time rather than normal unlimetd so it may take some time!!! I almost forgot!! We dyed Andy's hair. He was thinking about shaving it at the supermarket and we were by the hair dyes so said that he should try it as if it didnt work out then he would be shaving it anyway. He agreed. It didnt work out. It went very very dark, like black and he wasnt he has decided it wants to dye it blonde to see what that's like.
photo by: Sunflower300