Day 17

Johannesburg Travel Blog

I woke up extremely early this morning....actually earlier than Noel and Elena for once...due to the pain. I explained to them what had happened and arranged to visit the doctor. He wasnt really that helpful and referred me to Ladysmith and La Verna hospital for x rays. It didnt look good from what we could see but i will have to wait until monday to find out the extent of the damage. Berna had taken me to the hospital with the aussies and she took us all to an italian cafe for some food before going home.

Later, after not very much sleep she picked us up, very late again, for the Rugby Dinner. We arrived at the country club for pre dinner drinks and were given our outfits.....Whitey's a tweed farmer Giles number, and all white suit including white shoes and belt. Berna insited on taking me home so i could get my 'sparkle' rolling stones t shirt to wear...she loved it and i looked goooooooood.

The dinner was great....the room was realy decorated with billowing curtains and posh tables, and the speaker was the coach for the Natal sharks, Dick Muir. It was really interesting. and funny....'ssshh theyre gettng closer.'

More drinks followed and crazy dancing which was boss. Gill is really nice when shes lively and i got on really well with Berna. Got home about half 3