Day 10

Johannesburg Travel Blog

Unfortunately we had to get up very early and so only had around 4 hours sleep. Bernadette picked us up to take us to Pietermarritzburg. They had a family party to go to and we went to the Liberty Mall. Michaela and I went in the car with Lynette, Bernie and baby Tristan and Whitey went with Raymond, Ashley, grandma and Sarah as space was limited.

At the mall we had some breakfast in Mugg and Bean before the others left us 3 to look around. Most of the day we were in an Internet café writing up diaries and emailing people. We managed to rip a shop off when we bought some more disks for the camcorder but it was their own fault! We found a box of 3 disks for R70 which is great value…we bought some at home for 25 pound (I am aware I could have used to pound sign but these foreign keyboards don’t have it) for 5 so this was very cheap. We bought 4 packs…We then went to another shop next door and discovered that the price we paid was supposed to be for individual disks…NOT THE WHOLE PACK!! Boss. We had saved about 50 pound! Woo hoo!

Whitey and I then got taken home with Ashley, Sarah and Grandma. This old lady is hilarious. Her and Ashley just buzzed off each the whole way home! When we got back we discovered Michaela hadn’t even begun the hour and a half return journey so Raymond was not best pleased at missing the South Africa V Ireland rugby.