Indio Travel Blog› entry 6 of 7 › view all entries
April 27th, 2007 – by: DanielOostdijk
We ordered our tickets on the internet. You had to pick up the tickets at the Will Call desk at the festival site. This turned out to be a big disaster. We waited for about 4,5 hours in a waiting line, 38 degrees celsius/100 fahrenheit, no shade at all.
It was an amazing experience. Three days of great fun and music. I didn't expect to meet a lot of Dutch people, but the fact that I met ZERO fellow Dutchmen, really surprised me. Ah well I met one, but he was living in San Francisco, so that doesn't count.
On friday, I saw the following bands:
- Björk: very special show, I never saw her before and I was really impressed.
- Interpol: one of my favorite bands, great show, wow.
- The Jesus and Mary Chain: not a very good performance, a bit boring, although Scarlett's surprise cameo was fun.
- Benny Benassi/David Guetta: steamin' dance shows, dancing with those temperatures, pff
- Amy Winehouse: nice, she was in good shape and seemed to enjoy performing there.
- Tiësto: no Dutch visitors, one Dutch act, seeing Tiësto in the desert was really special. it was a shame that he could only perform for about an hour.
- Sparklehorse: damn, this was bad and boring, one of the worst bands I've ever seen..
- The Arcade Fire: top class band, amazing performance
- The Decemberists: such a nice band. Already saw them a couple of times before, but they manage to surprise me every time.
- The New Pornographers: wow, super, Kathryn's voice is beautiful.
- Jack's Mannequin: better than I eventually thought, pretty good
- The Fratellis: 2nd time I saw those guys. Decent, but not very special.
- The Cribs: just like The Fratellis, decent but nothing special
- VNV Nation: everyone was watching RATM I think, the tent was almost empty but it was a big party!
- Damien Rice: he started too late, so the set only lasted 35 minutes.. but my oh my, how beautiful.
- Lily Allen: really love her music, but the quality of the show was poor.. I think she forgot her lyrics like 6 times.
- José González: such a perfect location for an artist like José. The sun going under, with palm trees and mountains at the background. Beautiful
- Kaiser Chiefs: the band was disappointed because the crowd wasn't very energetic, but the concert was okay.
- Soulwax: heavy stuff, crowd was going wild to the music of my neighbors from the south.
- The Kooks: I'm not impressed when it comes to their live reputation, not very strong.
- Tapes 'N Tapes: not very exciting.
Unfortunately, this whole trip cost us a lot of money, so attending this year wasn't really possible. Maybe next year, I really hope so. Like I said, this was an amazing experience!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!