Fun in Chamonix

Chamonix Travel Blog

I could tell a lot about this trip but I'll try to keep it short and simple for you guys :).

I hadn't skied for more than 10 years so I was very keen to go on this trip! Moreover I had never skied in the French Alps because I always went to Austria when I was a kid. And last but certainly not least, I only knew one person in the whole group... He's one of my best (American) friends and he decided to organise this trip for his friends a few months ago. He's the president of ProActive Travel so for him it was a piece of cake to set everything up and get (very) low prices for ski rentals and accomodation. So we ended up with a group of 12 Americans, 6 Germans, 1 French, 2 Russians, 1 Czech, 1 Belgian and 1 Spaniard.

Very interesting! I love meeting new people so it started of great! I shared my room with two American girls, Laura and Nicole. Our flat, number 19, quickly became the partyroom. Everybody drank, cooked, ate - and sometimes -slept in our room. We thought it was ok, because we didn't have to cook once! The American guys cooked for us every day...I have to admit I could get used to this.

Meeting people from other countries is always nice, you learn a lot about different cultures and we all have different way of thinking. I think a few joint interests brought us together: travel, ski/snowboard, at least one common friend, food and of course drinks. So about those drinks now :) I think we played almost every American drinking game which sound stupid but was really funny.

Most of the time we played "Mushroom", "Kings" or "fuck you" (which quickly became "fuck you Kim", so I had to drink aaaaaaall the time :)).

Besides drinking and eating, we skied and snowboarded of course. Chamonix has a variety of slopes to choose from, as well for the beginners as the professionals. The snow was good and the views are just fantastic! You're surrounded by mountains all the time and it made us feel like we were in another world...far from the stress on the subway back home, the gray buildings, pollution, angry car drivers and so on. It was great. I realized how much I really needed this holiday. Now that I skied again, I might go back every year. And I certainly will if my friend will organise this! Honestly I can't give one bad comment about this trip. The location and the company were perfect, Chamonix itself is a very very nice town in many ways (entertainment, slopes, ambiance) with a stunning view of the Mont Blanc al the time, the food and drinks were great (what else do you expect in France?).

Sweetski says:
Sounds like a lot of fun Kim, being pampered by American boys :) Interesting games you played too :D
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008