Arrival in Vegas, Baby!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

So, we landed at around 4:00 p.m., then grabbed a cab from the airport to our hotel, Circus Circus . We got in the check-in line up, which only took about 15 minutes, and when we were next to check-in, I looked over my shoulder to see that the line had tripled in size. Apparently these lines can get pretty ridiculous, so we lucked out!

Our room was pretty standard... not elegant, but not dirty, thank God. We took a little walk-about downstairs after to get some lunch. As I'm walking through, I was overwhelmed by the number of kids. Screaming, crying, and yelling all around me. Why on Earth do people bring their children to Las Vegas? I just don't understand!

My mom wanted to take her chances at the slots, but since I am still a minor, I could not partake.

So, my dad and I ventured out onto The Strip. My heart was pumping, and I was super excited.

I had been warned about the "Illusion of Las Vegas"... and now I understood. Looking out onto the street, Treasure Island seemed to be about a 10 minute walk, at the most. But, 10 minutes in, and we weren't even half way there! Another 20 minutes later, and I was finally standing at the doors of TI. The handlebars on the main doors were gold and seemed to be wrapped in red leather... very "Captain's Quarters", I'd say.

After walking around inside, I was pretty impressed. This place was definitely my style. But the rush came when I saw the Mystère Theatre. The oldest running Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas that everyone adores... and I didn't have tickets.

After TI, we kept walking along The Strip.

We went through The Mirage, Caesars Palace, went over to the Venetian, and then finally, I saw the Bellagio. It was so beautiful that I almost involuntarily reached for my camera and took 8 photos... without taking my eyes off of it. After taking 15 minutes just to cross the street, there we were at the entrance. I'm really here, I told myself. The photos are true... it really does exist!

Inside, I observed the most stunningly extravagant detail on every wall, in every corner. I could not have imagined this quality of decor... it was absolutely mind-boggling. As we came up The Strip, I had noticed that the hotels were getting more and more elegant, and the Bellagio was definitely the most posh so far. Detailed decoration throughout every hallway in every shop and every restaurant. I even loved the chairs in the casino! They had smooth, dark wood frames with light cream coloured seats. Can you imagine how much this must have cost? I can't. But the most amazing thing of all was seeing the reason we were in Vegas. I followed the arrows through the walkways until I was finally there... standing in front of the "O" Theatre. I was on the verge of tears (don't make fun of me... I am a little obsessed with Cirque), and I smiled the biggest smile that my mouth would allow. The best part... I had tickets.

Me in front of the Bellagio... sor…
Me in front of the Bellagio... so…