My Italian Teacher is sick and I couldnt be happier!

Arezzo Travel Blog

So, I am starting to feel a little better even though I couldnt fall asleep last night because of my stomach.  I went to bed around 3 and I think I need to relearn how to go to sleep.  But instead of staying in bed all morning feeling disgusting I went to class and felt gross.  However, as my 9 AM movement class progressed I started to feel better.  Even my left arm, which felt like it was going to fall off, started behaving.  It was a wonderful moment for me to finally be feeling less quesy and more ready to work. Then Bryan our teacher anounced we would be doing more acrobatics, which usually would get me excited, but today only filled me with dread.  We did all of these break dancing balance moves where I would try to balance my knees on my head will resting on my shoulder.  I kept doing forwards rolls, which looked ridiculous.  Then after what seemed like forever we moved on to handstands. I thought that I wouldnt be able to do it because I felt nauseous and could not support my left hand, but I was pleasantly suprised.  I managed to do a few really good handstands where I got my legs over my head and onto the wall.  When I went to spot other people though my sense or balance was not as spot on. I almost killed my friend Jesse because I was not prepared for him to do a handstand and he started falling over.  After class I felt really dizzy, but exhilerated.  I can do a good handstand!  During voice we played around with our new Tempest monologues using variations in volume and tempo while staying on the same note.  We also played around with singing while doing a variety of constrictive movements with the ribs.  It was fun and pretty low key.  Luckily, now I have to rest because our Italian teacher is sick, so I have like a three hour break. Thank God!

photo by: farfalla84