Four hours of voice

Arezzo Travel Blog

Today I had four hours of voice, which was pretty intense. We started out standing up, which was very strange because usually we start our voice class lying on the ground. We started by pounding out each other sacrums. For those who don't know the sacrum is the gateway to the upper and lower body. Or at least thats what our very British teacher, Kevin says. He demonstrated on me and it was pretty intense. We then spent a lot of time singing while we poked different parts of our face and body. We would shift our bodies toward the hand or finger and hummm at the same time. It was actually quite exhausting. However, I felt much moreopen in my body, which has not been happy with all the dust in this country air. Next Kevin taught us how to beat out rhythms with out body and we danced out four, three, and five time rhythms. It was really fun and took a lot of focus. We then began mimicing people and sounds within the class. This evolved into mimicing the trumpet player, Barret who was playing upstairs. He caught on quickly and it was hilarious as we tried to do trumpet trills. Finally, our intensive four hour class ended with singing. We would sing our normal three notes, but had to physicalize through a sport. Like when I got up to do it I had to do a shot put toss as I sang. The class was exhausting, but immensely fun. However, after four hours Italian was not the most fun thing I have ever had to do. Lets just say I need to go over a lot of Italian terms.
Arezzo