ready, steady, ...

Basel Travel Blog

... almost go, but first, i had to fall into the newbie trap number 1: i packed way too much crap i'll never ever need

but i figured what the hell, it will be fun tossing stuff away if i dont need it and i might be happy about my swiss army gnägi when freezing to death on rainy macchu picchu in a few days :)

so, pic #1 is how it looked like after deciding what to take, almost all laid out (except for the drugs, if the custom guys decide to open my little bag they will throw me into a prison, it looks like a meth-dealer's bag)

and the next pic after filling my pack it cubes and preparing the stuff i'm gonna wear on monday, it looked a bit better (but it still weighs the same... to hell with physics!)

but surprisingly, everything fitted into my 60l bag and i'm ready to start into my little big adventure in a few hours, 3:45am to be exact... i'm already looking forward to some glasses of cuba libre on the roof top terrace over quito - but knowing my luck, my flight from madrid will be delayed, i get kidnapped by a taxi driver in quito and get thrown naked into a prison cell...

anyway, let the fun begin!

aiohdmg says:
Good Job! Finally it's less stuff to carry on..Boohooo.. Here we go!
Posted on: May 24, 2010
angelalovestotravel says:
ooh, you're almost out the door... so exciting!!! south america will be awesome. can't wait to see your pics :D
Posted on: Nov 06, 2006