ok, i admit it... now i've even left flashpacking behind

Nha Trang Travel Blog

tomorrow i'm going to saigon, aka ho chi minh city, and will splurge for the 8hours of train madness... after a lot of issues with the actual booking process i finally got my ticket for the 5star deluxe train nha trang - sai gon.

sinh cafe wanted 30k commission so i booked the train ticket via internet myself.. or so i thought... although the website is quite straightforward, the process on how to confirm your ticket and pay for it is not. after some failed phone call attempts to solve the situation i walked to the train station where the local office is and booked it in person.

wanted to get a deluxe ticket for 330k but they told me 'tomorrow 20% discount!' for some reason so i went with the 5 star club ticket for 450k which actually cost me 360'000 dong with the discount.

now i'm more excited about the journey tomorrow than saigon itself :-) the pictures in the train brochure look very promising... it even has a dancing / multifunctional and massage car on that train :-)

i promised myself to eat only rice and bread in cambodia instead to be a real hardcore backpacker again - haha just kidding... that money has to go or i have no incentive to get my ass moving after my trip :-)

i can actually book this as research... by doing this trip i've pretty much covered all modes of transport in vietnam from bad to deluxe.
Nha Trang