AsiaJapanKyoto

kyoto - the pain continues

Kyoto Travel Blog

after the 1.5h, one transfer shinkansen journey to kyoto i still didn't feel better, worse than ever to be precise. and no upgrade this time - dorm room fun! my head exploded and after the 3 hours of paracetamol-induced sleep i woke up in the middle of the night and remembered the good old bolivia days where i had similar symptoms. 2 hours later i couldn't stand it anymore and got ready to walk to the hospital nearby.

armed with my point-it book and the about 7 health phrases (ala "i need a doctor") in my lonely planet i was prepared for the worst and walked with the speed & style of a 90 year old monk the 200m to the hospital

the night shift clerk quickly handed me the sheet for tourists where i could select my symptoms and draw where it hurts most! good start! it was 5 when i was sitting in the waiting room and it seemed that besides me and the night clerk nobody else was there. 5 minutes later a nurse brought me to the, surprise, fluently english speaking doctor, which, like his bolivian colleague some months age seemed to be more interested in his swiss holiday memories than myself at first  ;)

i dont wanna spoil someones dinner so lets just say i got a cold, 39 degrees fever and a nasty infection. he prescribed me 6 drugs (whose names i cannot possible read) and even helped me get them at the pharmacy next door! wow! i somehow managed to find back to the hostel, took my first round of meds and could finally sleep!
Kyoto