1 month to go

London Travel Blog

sorry for the preparations spam :) but it's almost as interesting to document as the traveling itself!

time for a new update; only one month to go now and the preparations are in full effect (and the excitement of finally taking off! can't wait now)

besides some troubles with my flat here in london (you really get nothing relative to the amount of rent you pay for these holes in central london... ) i'm confident that everything will flow smoothly until departure:

• i got 2/3 of my jabs cycle... only yellow fever and the last twinrix to go now, and no problems at all so far
  • backpack, sleeping bag, imagetank and some clothes are ordered (check my budget)
  • all my subscriptions for journals, phone, internet, etc. are cancelled

i had my health screening (free! and i'm healthy, yippie), dental check (not as healthy, but will be fixed :) ) and eye check (bad as usual)

during the eye examination we found out that it should be possible now for me to use daily lenses even with my bad astigmatism... i won't see 100% but for travelling purposes that should be more than fine. they are expensive but so much more convenient and i'll have to test brands later this week. another idea i picked up on a webforum is doing a LASIK somewhere abroad, mainly bangkok was recommended. let's see what my budget is doing when i'm there (and my courage...)

not much else to report... except i'm having some new hospitalityclub / couchsurfing guests every few days and i'm basically living between field&trek, cotswold, blacks and the north face store :) (and ordering via gear-zone.co.uk.. i'm a bastard, i know... )

aiohdmg says:
Finally, did you do the lasik in Bangkok or not?hehehe
Posted on: May 24, 2010
dodge says:
Hi,
So glad that my city, Bangkok, would be of help for your Lasik. Of course, I heard that Lasik here is international class but domestic price. The recommended place is a clinic in Siam Square. The doctor is very famous. The cost, as check, around 750 Pounds. But you need to spare time for medical check up, pre & post. If you plan to do the Lasik here, when you about to come here, I can help checking for more details & alternative places & price.
BTW, really exciting plan of yours. Have fun, the world is waiting :)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2006