Another Full Day

Washington Travel Blog

Today's Plan: Dan's off again today so we're heading to the Holocaust Museum and the Botanic Garden

Well after lunch and getting a little lost we made it to the museum right on time to pick up our tickets. It was a slow day for them though she we really didn't need to reserve the tickets. We got there at 1:30 and we expected to stay about two hours. Dan had never been there before and I had been there once, in the 8th grade. Once we got inside, it was a whole new experience for me. I guess the 8th grade was a bad time to take a group of kids to a place like that because this place made a bigger impact on me this time. Dan and I spent 4 hours there before they kicked us out at closing time. Someof the information there absolutely blew me away. And I think the saddest part of the entire experience was reading what happened and realizing that we, as a world society, still have not learned from the mistakes of the past. The same kinds of things are still going on all over the world and like back then, most of us turn a blind eye on it.

Needless to say we spent so much time in the Holocaust that by the time we got to the Botanic Garden, it was closed for the day. I think thats the one downfall to DC, everything closes at 5:30.
photo by: b93sp