Bolivia

La Paz Travel Blog

Palacio Legislativo
...so I decided leave La Quiaca as soon as possible, have visited passport control, receive visum for next 90 days, Ive visited banco de gambio because of Bolivianos, changed time at my watches again and went visit bus terminal in Vilazon (small bolivian town next to border). Think I was lucky man becouse whan I came to bus terminal one bus was ready go to La Paz so I quickly have bought my ticket and jumped to the bus. I was only one white gringo in the bus, but I didnt care, I was happy that mayby in 20 hours Ill be in La Paz. At the midnight we said good buy to Potosi and in the morning at 9 o clock we arrived to La Paz and now Im here relaxing after nearly 50 hours in bus. I founded accomodation in Hostal Cactus - really cheap choice, night per 25 bolivianos, shower isnt hot and internet is too slow (so I cant upload my pictures, Ill do it later), but for few nights I can survive it :-) ...and next to my hostel door are sitting witches and are selling llamas embrios. For tomorrow Ive decided rest little because on Sunday I am going to climb Huyana-Potosi mountain (prox. 6000 m high), if Ill be succesful it will be my highest mountain Ive climbed before.
Plaza Pedro D Murillo