Kauai Trip

Kauai Travel Blog

So it all started with us waking up at 5 in the morning! I never wake up that early! But because it was for a trip, I made an exception.  This trip was actually going to be us flying to Honolulu, HI but that never happened! We missed our flight by 5 minutes, thanks to having problems checking in as well as going through security.  It was a nightmare! I had to cancel all of my reservations, including hotel.  I honestly thought we would end up going anywhere!

My sister works for American Eagle Airlines, so I did not loose any money on the flight (THANK GOODNESS!).  We got home and she got online and started checking the flights to Oahu as well as other islands. The flight that looked really good was the island of Kauai.  We made reservations for hotel, car and flight in less then an hour! This flight left at 5 p.m. We were finally able to relax a bit! The only thing that did worry me is that my luggage and that of my niece had been on the plane that left to Honolulu.  My sister called a co-worker of hers and they had them sent to Kauai, so when our flight arrived the luggage was already there.

The flight was uneventful, just turbulance here and there, which by the way, always makes me nervous no matter how soft it is! But it was the first flight my niece had ever taken! She was so nervous!  She did not want a window seat, she wanted the middle one so she could be between my sister Yvette and myself.  When we arrived on the island, it was about 9 p.m. and we had our rental in no time! The person that helped us was so friendly, she made sure we had the best rate! Since it was so late, and we had kids with us, we decided to go straight to bed once we got to our hotel, which was the Hilton (very nice, recommend it highly!)

That first day we checked out the pool and went to the beach behind the hotel. Of course, the kids loved the pool and wanted to be there all day every day. And since the pool has a slide, even more so!   But of course, their mom said no because we wanted to explore the island.

We visited quite a few areas that first day. Went to Opaekaa Falls, Wailua River, saw Sleeping Giant.  All these places are breathtaking! We also drove around the residential areas to see all the homes. The houses are beautiful!  We tried to do as much as possible each day.  I really think that the days we were in Kauai was not enough to get to know the island, and I also know that there is so much more that we did not see!  Most of these places are indescribable. Pictures are great, but it's way better to have been there!

Other places that we visited were:

Wailua Falls, Po'ipu Beach, Kee Beach, Princeville, Spouting Horn Blowhole, Lydgate Beach Park.  We also attended a luau, which was really nice.

The whole trip was a very excellent get-away! I loved it!  It may have started out hectic, but in the end it was a great vacation.

photo by: hauteboy