Wandering

Venice Travel Blog

Venice is full of canals and boats - it's an amazingly beautiful city

Today was our day to explore Venice. We started by attending a Catholic worship service at San Tolentino, but as it was all in Italian and we aren't Catholic, it left something to be desired. So Jenn and I found a quiet spot (a hard thing to find in Venice) and had our own time of worship.

One thing that I definitely miss (particularly in Venice because of the severe lack) is grass. It's good if the grass exists, and not just in little clumps here and there of overgrown grass, but a well cared-for lawn. It's even better when we are allowed to sit on the grass. But alas, there is no grass in Venice. But they do have plenty of water.

Jenn and I bought some souveniers today, including some paintings of Venice. We wandered up to San Marco Piazza, which is a big tourist hub, and found the gondliers to be rather desparate for clients. That should come in useful when we want to bargain for a lower price.

We walked a lot, did some people watching, and walked a lot more. We even made it down to Jenn's bridge, one of the four bridges that crosses the Grand Canal (usually known as the Ponte di Rialto, but Jenn decided to claim it as her own because she liked it so much).

Venice is full of canals and boats…
Venice is full of canals and boat…
Venice