Perth Travel Blog

Scone Palace
I really didn't want to wake up today.  I was sleeping in such a comfortable bed, and it was nasty, cold and cloudy outside, and I was underneath a nice, warm blanket.  But I woke up anyway.

We were hoping to visit Scone Palace (pronounced 'Scoon') yesterday, but we missed the last bus to the Palace by two hours - so we went today instead!  This actually ended up being a better option, because Beth was able to drive us there and act as our tourguide.

Beth was quite an entertaining tour guide, particularly because she knew very little about the Palace.  She knew how to get around, because on several occasions she snuck onto the grounds with her friends - but I'll let Beth detail her prior escapades to the Palace rather than regaling you with them now.
Fun tree at Scone Palace

As I mentioned, Beth was our tour guide, and the fact that she didn't know much about Scoon Palace didn't stop us from asking questions, nor did it stop her from giving answers.  Anytime she didn't know the answer (which was most of the time), she made something up, and because Beth has a good wit, her answers were invariably entertaining.

Scone Palace is where all of the Scottish Kings have been crowned, so it holds a rather important place in Scottish History.  The Scots haven't crowned any kings recently.  Instead, the Palace is open to tourists and rented out for lavish parties.

One other thing that's interesting about the Palace:  they have white peacocks.  These are not albino peacocks - they are white.  Apparently this is only one of two flocks of white peacocks that exist anywhere on the planet.

After the Palace, we went to lunch at a little cafe at Beth's church, then we headed off for Glasgow, where some more of Colleen's friends live.
Perth