Geneva Travel Blog

Today I finally flew down to Geneva to see Jenn.  It's been three months since I've seen her, and even though I've been able to talk to her on the phone once or twice a week, I've really missed her.

So I woke up at 5 a.m. and headed down to London Gatwick airport.  When I arrived in Geneva, I was expecting to make my way into town on my own, as Jenn was supposed to be working, but I was pleasantly surprised to find Jenn at the airport waiting for me!  She had managed to get the day off work, so she came to pick me up.

We headed down to Madame Junod's house, where I will be sleeping for the next few nights.  After meeting Madame Junod and dropping off my bags, Jenn and I wandered around Geneva.

Jenn took me around the old town, and we played a game of chess on a giant chessboard.  We were hoping to see the Jet d'eau, which is a fountain that shoots out a jet of water straight up at 200 km/hr, but for some reason it was off.

In the evening, we went to YAGS, which is a group of young adults from the local english church.  We discussed the difference between a pilgrim and a tourist.  While there, I got to meet several of Jenn's Geneva friends, most of whom were expatriates, just like Jenn.

photo by: DADKA