Blackwatch

Perth Travel Blog

Today was our first full day in Perth, and we woke up to a sky full of rain.  So throughout the day we made sure we were inside whenever it was raining hard.  After a late breakfast (it was nice to sleep in a little), we headed out for a walk around town.  We started off by heading for the Blackwatch Museum, which was impressive.  They had several audio/video displays that went very well with the historical information presented.  I would definitely recommend the musuem.

We then went to the Perth Museum, which hosted displays of the history of Perthshire.  It was fun to see how well this museum could cater to children.  One room was exclusively dedicated to artwork drawn by children who visited the museum, and in another room they had costumes so the children could dress up as characters from history.  I was a bit large for the costumes, so I didn't try them on.

We were hoping to visit Scone Palace next, but apparently the last bus to go there left at 1pm, and we got to the bus stop expecting to take the 3pm bus.  So instead we wandered around town and did some shopping.  I think we must have walked down every street in that city.

That night, Beth cooked up for us a true Scottish dinner, with haggis, neeps and tatties, as well as Irn Bru, the national drink of Scotland (well, at least it's very popular here).  I didn't like it, but Colleen did.  The flavor was a bit odd.

Perth