A trip to Harrisburg to see my Aunt Linda!

Harrisburg Travel Blog

It had been way, way too long since I'd seen my wonderful Aunt Linda; one of the best women I've ever met, so I grabbed the chance to take a quick trip to Harrisburg to spend the night visiting with her.  It took me a while to get there (silly Amanda ended up on the wrong road, so I was stuck with traffic lights for a ton of the way) but finally, I arrived at my Aunt's door!!!

It was a wonderful time start to finish.  She made us dinner, (is there ever a more peaceful place than your aunt's kitchen table?) I saw my Uncle Bob, and it was just a wonderful chance to catch up and be somewhere that you didn't have to talk too much to be visiting; just being there was perfect.

I loved everything about it, and think about that visit often.

My Aunt's backyard has always been and will always be one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion.  It's so open and lovely, with an old shed type building in the back that just strikes me as so pretty...  there are often deer around; which being from Phoenix, still blows me away (go ahead, laugh at me.)

It smells great there.  When the sun sets, it seems to set the leaves on fire, it's just spectacular.  I used to think I was romanticizing a childhood memory; but no, it's just that incredible.  When you're here, all's right with the world.

I managed to snap a few pictures of the deer, and the sunset.  I hope you get even a small slice of the peace that being at this haven gives me!!

Mialee85 says:
My favourite is autumn, as I see there is really beautyfull!
Posted on: Dec 22, 2008
vances says:
What a small world. Where exactly does your aunt live? My mother lives in Duncannon, just north of Harrisburg on the opposite side of the Susquehanna. If your aunt recalls the Doyle Hotel there, that was run by my great uncle Jim Doyle!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2006