Bryn Athyn, to Saratoga Springs, to New Hampshire!

Saratoga Springs Travel Blog

This was a special time for me; I had never seen New England up past New York... and now I was going to see it with all the leaves changing!  I was very excited.  My first stop was Saratoga Springs, New York; simply because that's as far as I wanted to drive that day, and I wanted a fresh start the next morning for a very long day of driving.

The next morning, I woke up and knew that I was on my way to Vermont!  I was so excited!!   I packed up the hotel room, got myself ready, and got into my rental truck, a small blue pickup I had lovingly named "Sue".  (I don't know why, she just looked like a Sue.)

When I crested the first hill into Vermont, it took my breath away, it was so, so beautiful!  I pulled over and took a picture looking out over the beautiful vistas of Vermont, and knew that a very special day lay ahead.

All though Vermont, the sights blew me away.  I stopped at a little diner in a tiny town and went in for a proper "Vermont Breakfast", which was amazing; I still want to find this place again and have another breakfast!!!

Then I reached an amazing gorge, and pulled over again to take some pictures on the bridge that went over it, and buy some local maple syrup from a little shop that was there.

Then I was off again, and soon I was passing into New Hampshire!  I hadn't thought it could get any prettier, but I was wrong.  The colors just kept getting more vibrant, more impressive, it was beautiful.  I pulled over several more times to take pictures; an old house, the road before me... it was all worthy of a memory.

Finally I reached Franconia Notch State Park....

Saratoga Springs