EuropeItalyGenoa

Genova

Genoa Travel Blog

map
I were few years ago in Genova and wanted to find its metro. But at that time it was the shortest metro i the world with only 3 stations - and actually of no importance for city transportation. The end station in the city was at the main railway station (P.Prizncipe) but so far and so hidden with no sufficient sings - that i didn't manage to find it even with maps. Asking ppl didn't help as well, cuz the residents didn't even know that there were such thing as metro in their town.
This time - i was on my Italia-trip - passing Genova again - and staying there for two days. I checked on the net about metro -  and found  that it grew with few new stations and reached  finally the city center. I was supposed to go first to my hostel - and all directions called only buses to go there, but with some 'navigation skills' (LOL - me who took the day before the wrong train to Milano hahaha) i found out, that i could use the metro and then change for a bus.
inside the train
I knew already how to find the entrance to the underground system (which still is hidden - and somekind stupidly built behing the main staion building with no direct passage). I rode to the new end station (de Ferrari - very beautiful place though) and then change for the bus.
The next day i rode is as well, always planning my town tinerary in order to include a metro trip :), taking pics (always with the WTF-look of other passangers - Lilli u know it, huh?)
The Genova metro is still very little system (only 7 stations) and due to open new stations in the near future - but is the cleanest and most beautiful system in the whole Italy - and it's not beacuse it's brand new - but because they desinged the stations well. Unfortunately it runs not in the evening :(
tunnel