Amsterdam Travel Blog

Amsterdam
This was again one of my 1-day-visits in a city where i was'nt supposed to go - at first - just a bit spontanous. I was in Germany for few days visiting friend, when there was an idea: "and why won't  we go for one day to Amsterdam, it's only 300km, huh?" Then our driver said - "hm... it means i can't drink this evening at the party ... hmm... ehh ... " and suddenly the voice (which was mine!)of a hero said: "o.k. then, i'll drive all of you to Amsterdam". And so i became an 'observer' at the party and drove to Holland on the next day.
Those 300km  was not so far away - we took the highway on the entire route - until the city centre - where we left our car. the weather was perfect for a city tour, we was walking through the narrow streets, drinking coffe outside,  and of course  making a bit too many pics.
newer train

Then i was forced by a strange internal voice (is't it an illness when u r hear voices in ur head?;) ) - left my friends at a bar and went into the world of eternal darkness (which was the metro). At the station ticket machines was sth. wrong (bloody hell!), but just like from nowhere - from behid the corner came a man from metro stuff and helped me to choose the right zone and to convince this machine to sell me my ticket (remember? - i've promised to buy always tickets LOL).
I took the metro for a short ride. And as i've expected the kingdom of darkness became into the kongdom of daylight after few stations.
I went back to my travmates and we countinued to sightseeing. In the late night we came back home with nice experience from Hollands capital.
JeAr says:
nice story! but why do u always have to be the hero? u could've gone wasted like the rest of them :P
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008